Effective employment law counsel incorporates a sound understanding of the law and HR best practices to promote compliance and resolve issues. Staying out of court depends on an employer’s exercise of reasonable care. Policy development, employee seminar training, and appropriate response to the myriad issues representing potential liability to employers are the touchstones of reasonable care. These are the primary areas in which we serve our clients – including practical advice on day-to-day concerns that prompt legal issues. Beyond a litigation-avoidance strategy, Employment Matters LLC helps build successful work environments through strategic planning, communication, coaching, development, and employee satisfaction.
Employment Matters LLC counsels employers and educational institutions on:
- Personnel action risk assessment – What are your options? What are the risks?
- Planning and conducting workplace investigations
- Addressing claims of discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, and retaliation
- Assessing reasonable accommodation and leave entitlement for the ill or injured employee (FMLA, ADAAA, Workers’ Compensation)
- Wage and Hour Issues, Classification Audits
- I-9 Compliance and I-9 Audits
- Developing Employee and Supervisor Handbooks